Curriculum Editor and Writer
Hopesquad / January 2018 – Present
At Hopesquad (also known as Hope4Utah), I assist the team in editing and writing the organization’s suicide prevention curriculum. I am also tasked with designing Greg Hudnall’s suicide prevention website, as well as filling the website with written and edited content. I create marketing materials including brochures and posters and assist the team in any other design or editing needs that may arise.
CPMS Marketing Team / September 2016 – March 2018
I managed BYU’s College of Physical and Mathematical Sciences news team, which includes four writers, one designer, one photographer, and one social media manager. Responsibilities included
- Editing and posting articles, updating information, creating sliders, and tracking analytics for the college website.
- Overseeing design, writing, editing, and photography for the Frontiers
- In the last year, developing BYU’s new science site, to be launched in December 2017.
- Overseeing and producing four newsletters.
Stowaway Travel Magazine / September 2016 – April 2017
Notable achievements during this time include
- Writing five articles, four of which were large features
- Designing a layout for each article and leading a team in redesigning style of the magazine
- Launching Stowaway’s blog
Editorial Designer and Writer
BYU Daily Universe / September 2014 – January 2017
I designed over 90 newspaper issues under pressure of deadline and last-minute stories. Later, as a Universe writer, I averaged three articles a week and published several stories that were featured above the fold. I also published two different podcasts and a video on the Universe.
Stance Student Journal / July 2016 – September 2017
I managed a team of 11 editors and five blog writers in creating a student journal. During my time as editor I
- Redesigned the website and revamped our social media presence
- Designed the Stance journal and oversaw the printing and production of the journal
- Trained team members in editing and design
Major / News Media
2014 – 2018
Minor / Editing
2015 – 2016