Brand & Content Manager
Vevano Home / April 2021 – Present
- Performed SEO research & competitive analysis to identify and target relevant, high-volume keywords.
- Maintained consistent schedule of assigning, editing, and publishing 2-4 blog articles a week
- Increased site ranking keywords from 13k to 63k in 12 months
- Increased organic blog traffic 1000%+ YoY and site organic traffic 350%+ (despite major technical setbacks)
- Managed team of contract copywriters, graphic designer, and marketing coordinators/interns.
- Coordinated with merchandizing, paid ads, email, social, and other teams to create strategic optimized content for various initiatives
- Used SEMRush, Google Search Console, Google Analytics, and Adobe Photoshop daily; Used Asana, Screaming Frog, and heat mapping analysis weekly
FamilySearch / April 2019 – Present
- Strategizes for and manages multi-layered articles and landing pages.
- Primary focus is content editing and content strategy
- Performs SEO research and SEO tracking
- Works daily with Adobe Analytics, Conductor, SEM Rush, WordPress, InDesign, Photoshop
- Ranks first page of google for over 75% of tracked keywords
- Ranks #1 on google for keywords with MSV over 100,000
LDS Living Editorial Intern
LDS Living / January – April 2019
- Performed substantive editing and copy editing for both LDS Living magazine and website
- Led content strategy and wrote a new monthly article series
- Wrote and published top 8 most-read article on the site
Curriculum Editor and Writer
Hopesquad / January – December 2018
- Performed copy editing and substantive editing for 4 manuals over 100 pages each
- Used Adobe InDesign to design layout for website
CPMS Marketing Team / September 2016 – March 2018
I managed BYU’s College of Physical and Mathematical Sciences news team, which includes four writers, one designer, one photographer, and one social media manager. Responsibilities included
- Editing and posting articles, updating information, creating sliders, and tracking analytics for the college website.
- Overseeing design, writing, editing, and photography for the Frontiers
- In the last year, developing BYU’s new science site, to be launched in December 2017.
- Overseeing and producing four newsletters.
Stowaway Travel Magazine / September 2016 – April 2017
Notable achievements during this time include
- Writing five articles, four of which were large features
- Designing a layout for each article and leading a team in redesigning style of the magazine
- Launching Stowaway’s blog
Editorial Designer and Writer
BYU Daily Universe / September 2014 – January 2017
I designed over 90 newspaper issues under pressure of deadline and last-minute stories. Later, as a Universe writer, I averaged three articles a week and published several stories that were featured above the fold. I also published two different podcasts and a video on the Universe.
Stance Student Journal / July 2016 – September 2017
I managed a team of 11 editors and five blog writers in creating a student journal. During my time as editor I
- Redesigned the website and revamped our social media presence
- Designed the Stance journal and oversaw the printing and production of the journal
- Trained team members in editing and design
Major / News Media
2014 – 2019
Minor / Editing
2015 – 2016